Connecting the Dots class is designed for family members and friends who are concerned about or caring for someone who is living with any form of dementia. A portion of class time is devoted to addressing specific questions and concerns that class members choose to bring up (for classes at least 2 hours long).
Depending on the identified audience need, the class can be a combination of support and education. This combined format is most effective if class size is limited to 15 people. If the goal of the class is more focused on education only, then there is no cap on class size.
This class supports you to:
• Understand brain changes caused by dementia
• Learn common signs of Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias
• Become familiar with community resources
• Find ways to cope with the stress and uncertainty of caregiving
· Become aware of the importance of planning for the future
Class length is typically 2 ½ hours long, but can be adapted to shorter time periods, as needed.